A college education gives students the chance to study their field of interest that will help them with their careers later in life. However, money is often a major obstacle for most students. Whether it’s paying for tuition, room and board, or even textbooks, the price can deter people from pursuing higher education. At DiPiero Simmons McGinley & Bastress, PLLC, we believe that money shouldn’t get in the way of one’s educational career.
We’re offering an annual $1000 scholarship to students who are starting their first year of college or graduate school. We believe that helping students now will give them the opportunity to create a better world for all of us. We first began the scholarship in 2018 and have ran it every year since.
The results for our Fall 2021 contest have been announced here.
What Are the Scholarship Qualifications?
- Students must be in or planning to enter their first year of college or graduate school.
- Transfer students may apply if they are new to the university.
- The school needs to be in the United States.
- To receive scholarship funds, you must be living in the United States (with a U.S. mailing address) at the time of the scholarship’s due date.
- You must show proof that you’re in your first year. Provide a digital copy (PDF, JPG/PNG) of your college acceptance letter and include the college letterhead. If you do not have your letter, we also accept other forms of proof, including an email from the college stating you’ve been accepted for your first year, digital transcripts, or a screencap of your first course load.
- You must also write an essay on the topic mentioned below and provide us with your contact information (see below).
Submit a unique 500+ word essay on this topic:
After the application period closes, DiPiero Simmons McGinley & Bastress, PLLC will decide the winner. We’re looking for an essay that’s well-written with a fresh and creative perspective.
The essay MUST be attached as either a .DOCX or .PDF. Please adhere to MLA formatting guidelines (12 pt. font, Times New Roman or another easily-legible font, double-spacing, etc.) when submitting your essay to us. Please cite any sources used. Make sure to proofread! By submitting your essay, we have the right to put the essay on our blog.
The Application Process
In the body of your email, you MUST include your name, address, phone number, and the name of your current/planned school. Feel free to include a brief paragraph telling us about yourself and your career-related goals, but this part doesn’t need to be very long or detailed. You may also attach a photo along with your bio.
Your subject line in your email MUST start with your name then be followed by “Fall 2021 Scholarship” (Example: Bruce Wayne Fall 2021 Scholarship”).
Please attach all of your documentation to a single email containing everything you need to enter. Check that all information is correct before sending.
We will NOT be replying to most emails we receive. We simply get far too many. Please don’t send follow-up emails asking if we’ve received yours.
Please read this page carefully and follow all the steps. We will not have time to answer most questions that get sent to us.
Failing to follow the above instructions may disqualify your application.
Please send your completed applications to email@example.com. We look forward to reading your applications.
List of Past Winners:
Fall 2018: Zoe Terner of Florida – Read her essay
Fall 2019: Caroline Kurdej of Illinois – Read her essay
Fall 2020: Celine Moubayed – Read her essay
Fall 2021: Cheyenne Schard of Colorado – Read her essay