A college education gives students the chance to study their field of interest that will help them with their careers later in life. However, money is often a major obstacle for most students. Whether it’s paying for tuition, room and board, or even textbooks, the price can deter people from pursuing higher education. At DBD Law, we believe that money shouldn’t get in the way of one’s educational career.
We’re offering a $1000 scholarship once a year to students who are in their first year or plan to start college or graduate school. We believe that helping our students now will give them the opportunity to create a better world for all of us.
We’re currently accepting applications for Fall 2018. Applications are due by Sunday, July 15th, 2018.
What are the Scholarship Qualifications?
- Students must be in or planning to enter their first year of college or graduate school.
- The school needs to be in the United States.
- You must show proof that you’re in your first year. Provide a digital copy of your college acceptance letter and include the college letterhead.
- Applications are due by Sunday, July 15th, 2018.
Submit a 500+ word essay on this topic:
Tell us about a volunteering experience that helped you grow.
After the application closes, DBD Law will decide the winner. Our goal isn’t to find a perfect essay. We’re looking for an essay that’s well-written with a fresh and creative perspective.
By submitting your essay, we have the right to put the essay on our blog. We will feature the winning essay and some finalist essays. There might be some small edits to the essays when they’re published.
The Application Process
Your application should include:
- Your essay answering our topic question.
- A digital copy of your acceptance letter to show your standing.
- A short bio about yourself.
Please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com. We look forward to reading your applications about volunteering.