A college education gives students the chance to study their field of interest that will help them with their careers later in life. However, money is often a major obstacle for most students. Whether it’s paying for tuition, room and board, or even textbooks, the price can deter people from pursuing higher education. At DiTrapano Barrett DiPiero McGinley & Simmons, PLLC, also referred to as DBD Law, we believe that money shouldn’t get in the way of one’s educational career.
We’re offering a $1000 scholarship once a year to students who are in their first year or plan to start college or graduate school. We believe that helping our students now will give them the opportunity to create a better world for all of us.
The current open submission period is for Fall 2019.
Applications are due by Friday, July 12th, 2019.
What are the Scholarship Qualifications?
- Students must be in or planning to enter their first year of college or graduate school.
- The school needs to be in the United States.
- To receive scholarship funds, you must be living in the United States (with a U.S. mailing address) at the time of the scholarship’s due date.
- You must show proof that you’re in your first year. Provide a digital copy of your college acceptance letter and include the college letterhead.
- Applications are due by Friday, July 12th, 2019.
Submit a 500+ word essay on this topic:
Do you have a conventional or non-conventional family and what does your family mean to you?
After the application closes, DBD Law will decide the winner. Our goal isn’t to find a perfect essay. We’re looking for an essay that’s well-written with a fresh and creative perspective.
By submitting your essay, we have the right to put the essay on our blog. We will feature the winning essay. The essay may be published with minor edits.
The Application Process
Your application should include:
- Your essay answering our topic question.
- A digital copy of your acceptance letter to show your standing.
- A short bio about yourself.
In the body of your email, you MUST include your name, address, phone number, and the name of your current/planned school. Feel free to include a brief paragraph telling us about yourself and your career-related goals, but this part doesn’t need to be very long or detailed.
The essay MUST be attached as either a .DOCX or .PDF. Please adhere to MLA formatting guidelines (12 pt. font, Times New Roman or another easily-legible font, double-spacing, etc.) when submitting your essay to us. Please cite any sources used.
Your subject line in your email MUST start with your name then be followed by “Fall 2019 Scholarship” (Example: Bruce Wayne Fall 2019 Scholarship”)
Failing to follow the above instructions may disqualify your application.
Please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com. We look forward to reading your applications.
List of Past Winners:
Fall 2018: Zoe Terner of Florida – Read her essay